Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chasm Between

In-the-chasm between life and death,
a thousand souls lay dying,
many have not long to live,
Some given up from trying.
A thousand souls of children who
are taking their last breath,
and passing through the narrow gap,
Between life and death.
While we live in luxury,
children breathe they’re last,
for we did not look out our doors,
or see our stark contrast.
We did not realize their need,
though we saw it everywhere,
TV showed the children pleading,
for our love that wasn’t there.
Silently they’re passing on,
without a helping hand,
how many strong words will it take,
to help us understand?
I heard about a long lost bridge,
a bridge across forever,
and we’ll find it when our life is done,
the connection here will sever.
And when we reach the other side,
and the bell tolls judgment day,
when we stand before our Lord and King,
will we hear Him say,
“Depart from me, you cursed, into eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels,
For I was hungry and you gave me no food,
I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
I was a stranger and you did not welcome me,
Naked and you did not clothe me,
Sick and in prison and did not visit me.”

Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry
Or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison
And did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them saying,
“Truly I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these,
You did not do it to me.”
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous
Into eternal life.

Matthew 25: 41-46

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus is Lord!