Sunday, June 21, 2009

Overtaken

Gold and gray, the clouds of even spill across the sky,
much lighter that the content of my heart,
I search for You within myself and find I have run dry,
for where I am it seems that You are not.
Wind tumbles across the dancing fields in its haste to no where,
And I’m tripping right along and close behind,
On this wild goose chase I feel I lost you somewhere,
Back within a corner of my mind.
An storm, untamed, unchecked, and strong, wildly draws nigh,
Entwining me in its cruel, cold embrace,
I’m on my knees and screaming for you not to let me die,
Fighting for a peaceful open space.
Its fury feels like a monster snapping closed its jaws,
It’s wild eyes so cruel and so keen,
It throws me down and crushes me beneath its jagged paws,
The raging storm has overtaken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus is Lord!