Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home

You wonder why I cry at night when I’m all on my own,
You’ve seen the tears fall from my eyes when I think I’m alone,
The world is closing in around me, my walls are fading fast,
my joy is fleeing, wounded and bleeding, broken at last,
on this road I travel, the stones and gravel, have ripped me in two.

The night’s the only time I have to live in my own world,
where I can pick through all my broken dreams that you’ve hurled,
and fondle all the friends I love, and left so far away,
and talk to them inside my head until the break of day,
when I wake they leave me, they cannot perceive me, they’re gone.

I’m trapped within these caging walls for long hours on end,
I know it’s probably worth it for the blessing that you send.
You want me to smile for you once again it would seem,
but how can I be happy, living out someone else’s dream,
with miles of endless faces and hours of endless places passing me by.

And though I’m miles and days away from where I want to be,
The thing that keeps me singing is my vivid memory,
and the knowledge of when it’s over and all the seeds are sown,
I’ll be traveling the road again, my destination, home,
where my heart always has been, though the passage in between, was great.

3 comments:

  1. yay! you posted!that's beautiful. i love the ending. i started a new blog if you could check it out?
    http://mineyourseverbodygoalsof2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I'll check that out right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for coming by ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Jesus is Lord!