Sunday, January 17, 2010

Untrimmed Bouquet

I walked into the kitchen, and found a big bouquet,
of beautiful red roses upon my breakfast tray,
I walked over to find a card and see who they were from,
I wondered how the person knew that I had wanted some.
I reached out to pick one up, (I chose the biggest rose)
But the moment that I took to sniff, it jumped and bit my nose!
I screamed, "AH!" and "Get it off!" though I knew no one was there,
then I leaped back about three feet, and tripped over a chair.
As I wrestled with the rose,
it's jaws still clamped upon my nose,
I heard excited 'aahs' and oohs'
many cheers, and many boo's.
I staggered up and looked around
to see what made this merry sound,
my straining eye fell on the tray,
upon which stood the big bouquet.
The roses were all jumping up and rattling their leaves,
then I saw the biggest rose was tearing up my sleeves,
I jerked it off and held it out...as far out as I could,
then I dropped it on the table where it fell upon the wood.
I stared at all the roses, and they stared back at me,
their champion was down and out as far as they could see.
Then everything was chaos, and roses were everywhere,
as if seeing their champion beaten down was more than they could bear.
Suddenly the champ was came to! He leaped up from his fall,
he wrapped himself around them to make sure he had them all,
He pulled them away from the edge, then turned and looked at me,
then leaped onto the windowsill, then out, and they were free!
The last glimpse I saw of the roses, was really quite a sight,
like watching a little garden jumping up and taking flight.
And I have never seen a rose, quite like those again,
but I've heard of several incidents from among my friends.
We tell our children tales, and weave stories about the rose,
and warn them all that if they're bad, it might just bite their nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus is Lord!